Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Customer Dog


Over the weekend, I stopped by a pet store to pick up some dog food. Outside the pet store, one of the Animal Rescue Societies had set up, and was giving away dogs. I noticed a small dog, with long floppy ears. This was the goofy, lovable dog that seemed to have the traits of a half dozen breeds.

“Ah, the classic American mutt,” I said, reaching down to pet the dog.

“I’ll have you know that’s a special breed of dog,” said a volunteer with Hank on his nametag. “Everybody wants him, but they often overlook him.”

“Oh yeah? What kind of breed is this?”

“It’s a customer dog.”

“A customer dog?”

“Yep. Well, I should say he *was* a customer dog. Right now, he’s gone back to being a prospect dog, but he wants to be a customer dog again.”

“So he was a customer dog, but is now a prospect dog and wants to become a customer dog again. I see,” I said, though I didn’t know what the guy was talking about.

Read More at Contracting Business

No comments:

Post a Comment