Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Read My Latest Rant

I'll never forget my first Gen X employee. During a minor crisis, I asked him to work late. He said, "No."

“Uh, what did you say?” I asked.

“No.”

Apparently he had other things to do and work just wasn’t that important.

As an aging, appreciating (well, per the bathroom scale I'm appreciating), WASP, I have a tough time with Gen X. I couldn't understand the programmer who turned down a healthy incentive to work over a weekend when we were trying to launch a new product. He wanted to work on his deck. We were paying him enough to hire someone else to build the deck and come out ahead.

Didn't matter. He wanted to build a deck.

If Gen X wasn’t enough, now we've got Gen Y.

Read about the challenges and positives of managing the new labor force below...

Here Comes Gen Y The Hell Should I?

No comments:

Post a Comment